Being a manager isn’t easy — especially when you’re confronted with tight resources and tough decisions. And being a manager is different from being a leader, right?
- Leaders cast an inspiring vision and empower people at an organizational level to achieve it.
- Managers are really the front-line supervisors responsible for ensuring the goals are executed on a day-to-day basis by talented teams.
It turns out that there are some secret ingredients — some common traits — that make some managers stand out from the rest. And we’d like to share those secrets with you.
On September 20 at 12p Noon ET, GovLoop and Young Government Leaders (YGL) have invited Tom Fox, Vice President for Leadership and Innovation at the Partnership for Public Service and Federal Coach columnist for the Washington Post, to reveal “3 Secrets to Being an Amazing Manager.”
In this FREE online training, Tom will reveal three key secrets for rising up to the challenge of leadership based on:
- Findings from research on the characteristics that Service to America Medal (“Sammies”) award winners have in common.
- Insights from interviews with leaders that have been featured on the Federal Coach columns.
- First-hand knowledge from Tom Fox himself and how he rose up the ranks of public service.
GovLoop and YGL are excited to share this great topic with you and to learn some new tips and tricks on being an amazing manager! This is definitely one not to miss…
In the meantime, we’d like to hear your thoughts:
What do you think are the secrets to being an amazing manager?