Businesses have the opportunity to grow their revenues through government contracting. According to www.USAspending.gov, the federal government spends over $500 billion annually on goods and services.
Thanks to changes in federal policy, women-owned businesses have a greater chance to win government contracts. The Women-Owned Small Business Program, recently created by the Small Business Administration (SBA), better positions women-owned businesses to get their fair share of government contracts. As a female business owner, are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity?
The OPEN Insight Guide, Government Contracting: Women in Procurement,, has all the tips you need to get started. [http://media.nucleus.naprojects.com/pdf/OPEN_Insight_Gov_Contracting_WIPP.pdf]
Within this guide, you’ll find:
* Excerpts from a roundtable discussion with government-contracting experts and small business owners who have experience in government contracting
* A list of eligible industries
* Interview with Ann Sullivan, head of government relations for Women Impacting Public Policy ( WIPP)
* List of resources for women in government contracting
* Checklist for the program’s eligibility requirements
It’s never been easier to find out what you need to know to win a government contract and grow your business.