Let's face it, we all have fears and areas where we wish we were better. But here's a new take to that question, "What's your greatest weakness?"
Posts Tagged: strengths
Are you leveraging yours and your coworkers strengths?
How can we harness the unique strengths of these workers to maximize the impact this new team will have on the mission of the agency while minimizing their weaknesses?
Attempting to be something you are not it futile and it often leads to more frustration. You must find the leadership style that works for you.
The U.S. workforce is more diverse than ever before with four predominant generations working in the same business environment. Each generation is distinctly different than the next, which can prove challenging for employers — but it can also be an opportunity so long as you learn how to manage the multigenerational workforce effectively.
Sometimes trying to manage a team of strong personalities can feel like herding cats. The great strengths that make each team member fantastic on their own may cause them to butt heads when it comes to a group setting. If you’re at the helm of a team of independent spirits, it can be challenging to... Read more »
A drive for self-improvement is crucial for career success, but too often we tend to focus on our weaknesses at the expense of building up our strengths. While it's great to shore up skills that are lacking, it's equally important to celebrate and improve on your natural talents. Why? Because it's your strengths that will... Read more »
More and more, managers are being encouraged to use positive reinforcement in their employee reviews, rather than focusing on weaknesses. The argument is that by doing this, employees are more productive and engaged in their work. Opponents of such a management technique say that discussing negatives, or ranking employees against each other, can actually encourage... Read more »
I know StrengthsFinder 2.0 has been mentioned in the GovLoop community, but I want to vouch for it. If you haven’t already taken this online survey, check it out at http://strengths.gallup.com/default.aspx. The survey tests your preferences among 34 themes and spits out a nice report on your top five strengths. These are the areas where... Read more »
When most folks think of diversity and inclusion, they think race, age, ability and gender. They forget that these components make up only 10% of our total diversity. The remaining 90% is essentially everything else that makes us different. Important pieces of that 90% are the unique skills, talents and strengths we bring to the... Read more »