Read how the city of Phoenix is opening up dialogue within their community through open data initiatives.
Posts Tagged: state and local spotlight
Learn how to handle government’s communication needs in times of crises.
Learn why state and local law enforcement agencies and public healthcare facilities remain vulnerable to ransomware attacks.
See how Texas is making a big push for more data.
Today, 54 percent of the world’s population lives in urban areas. But what about the other 46 percent? Take Carson Valley, Nevada. Population 40,000. In comparison, Nevada’s two largest counties, Clark County (Las Vegas) and Washoe County (Reno) have populations of 1.9 million and 650,000 residents respectively. In a state of three million people, moreRead… Read more »
Read some of these great books about state and local government!
Five steps to improve IT procurement in state government.
“Follow the money,” the now iconic line from the Watergate scandal, urged reporters Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward to follow the money trail to root out government corruption. But, just as Bernstein and Woodward discovered, following the government money trail can be incredibly difficult. The reason? Funds from different programs often overlap or are reportedRead… Read more »
Hardik Bhatt, Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the state of Illinois, sat down with Emily Jarvis on GovLoop’s State and Local Spotlight to discuss what a new order means for the future of Illinois’ IT programs.
Ever wanted to play on Jeopardy? Whether you have or haven’t, I’m sure you would love to to impress your friends and family with some newly acquired knowledge about state and local governments. In this week’s State and Local Spotlight we have some state and local fast facts for you. Question: Where does the oneRead… Read more »